Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 50

Wow, I cant believe its been 50 days already! That is crazy to me. Thanks to those who check out my blog once in a while and make me feel like it is worth it to keep it up!
Today I thought it would be fun to take Ava out on a special "mommy/daughter date day"
So we got ready and dropped Nora off at my moms house, and headed out! The plan was to go to the matinee showing of the new Disney movie Tangled, and get a little bite to eat afterwards. Well the best laid plans often go astray right?? Ava had other plans for us, she told me " I do not like movies mommy, I be scared there" Anyone that knows Ava knows that she is a nervous nelly! So right there I knew there was no way I was taking her to the movie and wasting $20 on tickets/food for her to cry and want to leave.
So I asked her where she would rather go (knowing full well what she would say, and I was right)
"TARGET mommy, we can get a pretzel and share it" so how could I resist that?? So off to Target we went. We had a great time, we did a little Christmas shopping and just took our time walking around checking everything out.
It was nice to be able to spend some one on one time with her. I will be doing the same with Nora soon. I think it is so important as a parent to do special things like that. I remember those times growing up and I love the memories!
(P.S. how cute does Ava look in her new Hello Kitty rainboots?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment